- How do I sign up for a tutor?
Sign up here: http://www.tutormatchingservice.com/indstate
- Is there online tutoring for students?
Yes. All students may sign up for online tutoring of any courses that are tutored in the Center.
- Does tutoring cost me anything?
Tutoring in the Center for Student Success is offered free of charge to ISU students- be sure to sign up with your ISU email!
- How many sessions do I attend?
Tutoring may be a single visit or recurring appointments.
- Is tutoring provided in one-on-one or group sessions?
A combination of one-on-one and group tutorial sessions are offered for online tutoring. In-person tutoring is currently limited to 1-on-1 sessions.
Expectations for Tutees
- Bring relevant textbooks, notes, laptops, or other course materials.
- Ask appropriate questions
- Prepare for your session by reading assigned materials from professors.
- Attend every class and take notes.
- When you arrive for your in-person appointment, check in at the desk and swipe your ID. BRING YOUR ID TO EVERY SESSION.
- Check the screen to the left of the desk for the room location of your tutor.
Missing Tutoring Sessions
- In the event you will not be making a tutoring session, please call 812-237-2700 to cancel.
- PLEASE NOTE - Missing 3 tutoring appointments, for any reason, will result in being removed from the tutoring schedule.
Expectations for Tutors
Tutors are required to do the following:
- Give you their attention during the session.
- Provide suggestions to master the subject.
- Demonstrate processes through examples.
- Assist tutees in improving their study skills.
Tutors May Not:
- Do your homework or write on your papers.
- Provide answers on quizzes, assignments, or exams that will be graded.
- Act as your representative to any faculty member.
8.00 AM - 4.30 PM
Indiana State University
Normal Hall - First Floor