The Department of Social Work utilizes a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) Advisory Committee and a Master of Social Work (MSW) Advisory Committee to help strengthen its two programs. The Advisory Committees are comprised of representatives from community agencies and include social workers and other professionals.
- Identify needs for social work students within the community
- Provide feedback to the department on areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Select recipients of scholarships offered through the department
- Review outcome assessments and provide recommendations
- Identify social work employment opportunities
- Provide feedback on the quality of the department and its graduates
- Inform the department of new requirements in practice and policy so graduates are prepared to enter the workforce with up-to-date information