You are here
Organizational Leadership and Supervision (OLS)
If you are a working professional (or seeking employment) who wants to complete a college degree in a field of YOUR interest, the ISU bachelor's degree in Organizational Leadership and Supervision (OLS) is for you. The OLS program is designed to address the needs of working adults who require flexibility and are interested in obtaining or advancing to supervisory or leadership positions. Core coursework in OLS focuses on skills that are in high demand by today’s employers – skills such as creative problem-solving, critical thinking, team building, communication technology, and work-life integration. Beyond the core classes, students may work with an advisor to customize a specialization to meet their career and personal goals.
OLS provides a flexible, convenient, and individualized approach to education for adult students who have earned approximately 60 college credits. The online core program is delivered in accelerated eight-week courses. Our advisors will help students identify prior learning experiences that may qualify for college credit, including military training, non-collegiate sponsored training, proficiency exams, and work experiences. Resources and support for online learning are built into the program because student success from day one is paramount.
The OLS program can help you with:
- Acquire skills, knowledge, and attitudes that will enhance you personally as well as professionally
- Advance in your chosen career or change careers
- Become more marketable in today's competitive labor market
- Complete an educational program you started but never finished
- Attain a global perspective from an online network of fellow students
- Feel more confident in your professional and personal aspirations
- Prepare you for an advanced degree