You are here
Nominations for the Gongaware Scholarships...
- Nominations for students to be made by November 20
- Eligible students need to apply to enroll at Indiana State University by December 1. Use the "Apply Now" button below
- Applications for the scholarship must be received by December 15.
Here's what we offer:
- A flat $9,000 a year tuition fee
- $3,000 professional development account (may be used for study abroad and/or other leadership purposes)
Here's what you need:
Any two of these three:
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Achieve a ranking in the top 15 percent of their high school graduating class
- 1140 SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math) or 23 ACT
Developing Leaders in Insurance and Financial Services
The Gongaware Center was created in 1998 to support the College of Business' nationally recognized Insurance and Risk Management Program. In 2007, the Center expanded its mission beyond its original focus on insurance and risk management to also encompass financial services.
The Center was established with a $5 million gift from Donald and Patricia Gongaware for the purpose of developing future leaders in insurance and the financial services industry. Since its inception, part of the Gongaware Center's mission has included recruiting top high school students into the program and helping them build the technical, operational and leadership skills necessary to succeed in the industry and in the communities in which they live. Valuable scholarships are available for select students.
Gongaware Scholars current and past gather for a 2012 reunion at the Indianapolis Zoo with Gongaware Center benefactors Don and Pat Gongaware (third and fourth from left) as well as insurance program supporters Pete and Sue Hudson (far left).
April 29, 2019
RIMS 2019 was organized by the Risk and Insurance Management Society and took place in Boston between April 28 and May 1, 2019. Networks Financial Institute and Gongaware director Rebecca Wray attended with our Insurance and Risk Management students.
Our IRM students at RIMS 2019 in Boston (Photo Gallery)