You are here
Student Services Office (SSO)
College of Business students receive program of study information in the Student Services Office. Sophomores and a few upperclassmen are advised by the academic advisors Allen Lindsay, Director;Judith Brewer, Assistant Director; and Bobbie Bakker, in the Student Services Office. The USSO is located in Federal Hall, Room 124 of the Scott College of Business.
Freshmen students are advised in the University College and Upperclassmen are assigned a faculty advisor prior to their junior year.
The primary objectives of the USSO are to:
- Advise pre-business students (students are transferred to faculty advisors at the beginning of their junior year), new transfer students, and students with academic problems.
- Oversee the New Transfer Student Advising and Registration Program (NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION) for the College of Business.
- Help students make changes to majors and minors (NEW)
- Serve as student services liaison with all other units on campus.
- Prepare senior checkouts.
- Certify completion of requirements for graduation.
- Evaluate transfer credit.
- Advise Distance Education, Transfer, and DegreeLink students in the Scott College of Business
- Oversee MySAM implementation.
- Recruit students by meeting with them visiting high school advisors and teachers and communicating with prospects and admitted students.
- Assess the quality of advising in the Scott College of Business.
- Answer faculty advisor questions.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT
- Allen Lindsay, Director
- Judith Brewer, Assistant Director
- Bobbie Bakker, Academic Advisor
- Anita Adams, Administrative Assistant