You are here
Transfer To-Do List
Use the timeline below to make sure you are taking the right steps financially.
- Apply for admission. If you are currently enrolled at another school, let them know about your plans to transfer as soon as possible. Please be aware that aid from one school to another can vary significantly.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available as of October 1 for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents. ISU's school code is 001807.
Important: If you already have a current FAFSA on file, you must update your FAFSA to include ISU's school code—001807. You should not remove your former school code since it may impact your current eligibility for aid. If you are an Indiana resident, list ISU first to ensure that you are receiving maximum consideration.
- Financial aid notifications are e-mailed and posted in the MyISU Portal at the end of the semester for students with a FAFSA on file. Be sure to send all of your transcripts (including final transcript if applicable) to Indiana State's Admissions Office, as your eligibility is partially determined by the number of credits you have earned.
- Merit-based awards are offered for eligible transfer students. For deadlines and opportunities, visit transfer scholarships.
- If applicable, contact all outside scholarship donors and inform them of your plans to transfer. Be sure to notify the Office of Student Financial Aid if you will be receiving any outside scholarships.
- For information on maintaining eligibility, visit keeping your aid.