You are here
BS - Professional Aviation Flight Technology (PAFT)
The Department of Aviation Technology offers a degree in Professional Aviation Flight Technology. The curriculum is designed to prepare students as pilots in the aviation industry. Students who complete the degree are required to earn a Commercial Pilot Certificate and a Multi-Engine Land Class Rating.
- Opportunities to take advanced flight courses taught by airline pilots and various aviation professionals.
- Wide variety of flight experiences include specialized flight courses in mountain flying, glider, tailwheel, and seaplane.
- Advanced courses include advanced aircraft systems, avaition law, and air carrier systems.
- Students have the opportunity to gain experience with FAA approach control, and control tower operations at Terre Haute Regional Airport. The Airport has class D airspace with a 24 hour control tower.
- The Aviation Department has a FAR Part 141 flight academy located at the Terre Haute Regional Airport where they maintain a fleet of advanced Diamond aircraft including DA-20's, DA-40's and a DA-42.
- Lower cost flight training when compared other Universities. The ISU program has some of the best aviation training values in the nation.
As a PAFT student, a variety of scholarships ranging from $500 to $5,000 are available to full-time aviation technology students on a competitive basis. Credit is awarded for internships/co-ops with aviation companies and airports.
Graduates of the program are employed at major U.S. air carriers and cargo companies. Employers include, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Atlas Air, Spirit Airlines, Jet Blue, Air Wisconsin, UPS, FedEx, Freight Runners, Ameriflight, and many others. We also have alumni serving in several branches of the military.
All students must have a valid U.S. Passport or birth certificate.
FAA Medical: A flight physical is required before each student can fly. For information and locations of FAA designated physicians in your area, please refer to: http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/medical_certification/
2nd Class Medical is required (1st Class is highly recommended)
Flight Fee Cost
For a link to a printable Word document explaining the flight fees, click here. *Please note, these fees are in addition to the cost of tuition.