This document establishes complaint resolution procedures (CRP) in order to better serve students, faculty, and staff. The purposes of the complaint resolution procedures include:
- To provide for the education and personal growth of the student;
- To provide fair inquiries concerning alleged violations of the Code;
- To determine whether any individual student is responsible or not responsible for violation(s) outlined in the Code as well as the possibility charges are unfounded;
- To allow for consideration of extenuating or mitigating factors where a violation has been found to exist; and
- To determine a conflict approach/outcome that will be appropriate and will also help the student involved make a positive contribution to the University community.
The established complaint resolution processes and rights are afforded to student organizations involved in conduct complaints.