The primary goal of the assessment support funds made available through the University Assessment Council is to assist programs in moving to more advanced stages of assessment activities or to enhance programs already at the mature or exemplary stages. The maximum amount available is $500 per program or office per year. Grants are awarded on a rolling basis. Award decisions will be made within three to four weeks following submission of the proposal.
Get creative with how a little extra funding can help you assess student learning. Examples of past grant-funded projects include:
- Purchase of audio recorders for creating sound artifacts in Music
- Funds to support part of the purchase of a standard exit exam for Biology
- Coverage of consultant fees during a Human Development & Family Studies assessment retreat
- Purchase of materials to assist students in Special Education with learning about and making data-informed decisions.
Be on the lookout for updates about events in our "News & Events" tab, as grants can be awarded to fund related costs.
Click on the links below to access information about the grants and the grant proposal form. Signed proposals should be submitted to Kelley Woods-Johnson, 243 Rankin Hall.
Kelley Woods-Johnson, Ph.D. (she/her)
Director, Assessment & Program Effectiveness
Indiana State University
I am happy to meet to discuss your assessment needs. Feel free to email, call, or set up a virtual or in-person appointment.
FCTE Office Hours Fall 2023
- Wednesdays, 8:30am-10:30am
Schedule is subject to change. Call or email ahead to verify if desired.