You are here
Gongaware Scholarship Information:
- $9,000 per year
- Additional $3,000 professional development account to be utilized over the four years
- Up to four awards available
- Renewable for up to three additional years
- Open to Indiana and out-of-state residents
- Not open to international, online-only, or returning ISU students
- Admission deadline: December 1
- Requirements (listed below) must be satisfied by December 1.
- Scholarship application (coming soon) must be submitted by December 15. Application opens October 1.
- To be awarded this scholarship, students must be entering ISU fall semester.
The Gongaware Scholarship is for students planning to major in financial services or insurance and risk management.
To be eligible to apply, students must be admitted as an incoming freshmen to Indiana State University. Qualified students must possess two of the following three criteria:
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- An 1140 SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math) or 23 ACT
- Ranking in the top 15% of their senior class
To view the rules and regulations governing this scholarship, see rules and regulations.
To apply for admission to Indiana State University, see apply.
Note on combining scholarships: Students who qualify for the Gongaware Scholarship may qualify for other awards. For details, see combining.
Candidates must also:
- Demonstrate leadership in high school and in the community
- Intend to prepare for a career in the insurance or financial services industry
- Participate in a scholar recruitment weekend if selected as a finalist
Gongaware Scholarship Application Deadline: December 15
Stand Head and Shoulders Above the Rest
The Gongaware Center for Insurance and Financial Services provides four-year scholarships for qualified, incoming Indiana State University freshmen who choose to pursue a career in insurance and risk management or financial services. In its mission to prepare students for leadership roles in financial services careers, The Gongaware Center recognized that the best entry-level positions in the industry are available to our graduates, especially if they distinguish themselves through knowledge, skills, leadership abilities and hands-on experiences.
Careers in Insurance and Financial Services
If you choose to study insurance and risk management or financial services at Indiana State, what are your options for a career? For Gongaware Scholars, the world is their oyster. Our scholars and alumni have chosen from a variety of careers, such as accountant or CPA, business analyst, insurance broker, financial analyst, investment advisor, claims adjusters, actuaries, risk managers, underwriters, risk analysts and more.
Financial services was added as a major (and minor) in 2007. All Scott College of Business students complete a solid business core of courses in addition to courses in their selected major or majors. The major requires all students to complete an overview of financial services with specific course work in the areas of financial institutions (banking), investments, and insurance with a focus on ethical decision making. Your coursework along with the exceptional activities designed specifically for Gongaware Scholars, as part of the Networks Professional Development program, will help ensure you are prepared for a wide variety of career options.
- Applications opens October 1
- Please make every effort to nominate students by November 20 by clicking the “Nominate a Student” button above.
- Eligible students need to apply to enroll at Indiana State University by December 1.
- Applications for the scholarship must be received by December 15.
For More Information
- The Gongaware Center for Insurance and Financial Services
- Questions? Call us at 1-888-269-4460
- Other Business Scholarships