You are here
Benjamin and Susan Krause Memorial Scholarship
- Given to a person of sophomore or higher classification
- Majoring in the area of office or secretarial administration (including the two-year program) or business education
- Overall cumulative scholastic index of at least 2.75 and an index in the major of 3.0 or higher.
- The recipient is to be one who sets high ethical, scholastic, personal, and professional standards for himself or herself and strives to achieve them.
Ruthetta Krause, who served Indiana State University long and well between the years of 1947 and 1978, died November 21, 2007. Through her 31 years at Indiana State, she taught a variety of courses, including typewriting, shorthand, office procedures, secretarial practice, machine transcription, office machines, and others. All prepared students for employment as secretaries and administrative assistants.
Further evidence of Krause’s dedication to students is the scholarship, the Benjamin and Susan Krause Memorial Scholarship, she established in memory of her parents. Many students with majors in the Business Education, Information, and Technology Program have benefitted from the scholarships made available through Krause’s thoughtfulness.[Read More]
- Elizabeth Browning, Denise Current, 2013
- No recipient, 2012
- Richard Blair, 2011
- Sarah McClintock, 2010
- Jayme Keyes, 2009
- John-Michael DeLisle, Jennifer Smith, 2008
- Jeremy Firster, Robert Heller, 2007
- Mallory Bannon, Emily Bromm, 2006
- Jared Brown, Rebecca Milner, 2005
- Tina Bedel, Shanna Brames, Jessica Burch, Brett Hoopingarner, Brianna Rice, Christopher Street, Jamie Wagner, 2004
- Andrew Dunn, Brett Hoopingarner, Ryan Kamman, Jeffrey Rode, Christopher Street, 2003